(Get the following
in PDF here)
1. Play for the team and not for yourself.
2. All members will maintain a professional approach on and off the field.
3. All members will make a sincere effort to be punctual in attending
the practice sessions and on game days.
4. The decision to select the playing Eleven (11) would be the sole responsibility
of the Captain and Vice-Captain. The criteria for selecting the playing
eleven would primarily be based upon regularity to practice sessions.
It will be our primary objective to give every member an equal opportunity
to represents the Knights, but every member needs to play their part by
showing up for the practice
5. All members present should share the job of preparing the ground for
play and packing the team kit.
6. All members need to inform the Captain or the Vice-Captain if
they are On-Call on “Game Day’s” to allow them
to consider alternate players.
7. Umpires decision will be considered final and no player will individually
contest the judgment. Accept all decisions in proper spirit becoming of
a KNIGHT. All the concerns will be directed through the Captain or the
Vice-Captain, in the absence
of the Captain on the field, and the Captain or the Vice-Captain will
take the necessary action, as they consider appropriate. Any player found
violating this rule would be barred from playing two games.
8. All members will leave aside their personal differences and perform
and interact as a unified team when representing the Knights, on and off
9. Mudslinging amongst members is strictly prohibited and the message
board should not be used to settle ones personal vendetta.
10. All members will ensure that the visiting teams are well taken
care off and bestow upon them “Knight’s hospitality”,
which they should cherish for a long time to come. Be pleasant
to opponent team members.
11. Littering of the ground and its surrounding will not be encouraged
and every member will play his part to oblige by this rule.
12. All concerns and suggestions with regards to the management and development
of the club should be directed to the office bearers of the club i.e.
President, Vice President and the Secretary. They will make sure all concerns
and suggestions are attended to.
13. Field position shall be set and manipulated by the Captain (and VC)
14. There will be no preference of field positions. The Captain
and VC will make the decision to place a fielder in the appropriate
based on that player’s ability to field. Please note that every
fielding position on the cricket field is vital to the team fielding.
That’s why those positions exist.
15. Co-operate with your team captain and manager. They require
support. Concurrently the Captain will be open to suggestions from
other players, but reserves the right to not exercise it on occasions
sees it fit to make the decision himself.
16. Remain cheerful if things go against you and continue to enjoy the
17. Be unselfish and always ready to help others to become proficient.
18. Be a good winner and a good loser - modest in victory and generous
19. As a spectator applaud good play on both sides.
20. Enjoy yourself and let your light SHINE.